Peek into Lemon Poppy Seeds Marketplaces

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Meet A Poppy

Every month we will be introducing you to one of our Marketplace Members. This month we would like to introduce you to Lucille Rox of Lucy's Lazy Dayz Primitives.

Lucille has shoppes in almost everyone of our Marketplaces.
In her Lemon Poppy Seeds shoppe you will find her extreme primitives. Need wool for hair? Check out her Poppy Craft Supply shoppe and order you some Santa hair. Visit her Poppy Pattern shoppe for all kinds of patterns (Halloween right now) and grab you a few ready made Halloween decorations in her Poppy Halloween shoppe.
How did you come about your business name?
It was summer time and my friend and I were listening to the radio when Nat King Cole started singing "Lazy Hazy Day Of Summer". I'd planned to use Lucy and Primitives but needed more...the song supplied Lazy Dayz and Lucy's Lazy Dayz Primitives was born.

How long have you been in business?
I've been making dolls professionally since 1982....primitive dolls since 2003

What inspires you to make your unique creations?
 I have a very vivid imagination and find inspiration everywhere. I just recently made a doll inspired by my new coffee mug. My passion for sewing started when I was about 4 years old. My mother taught me to respect needles and scissors and let me sew right beside her.

How often do you update your Lemon Poppy Seeds shoppe(s)?
I try to update the first and 15th. This year I've had a few setbacks that have made it difficult but I'll be back on schedule soon.

Little more from Lucille

I love to sew! I always have..started making doll clothes when I was 4 and my own clothes when I was 7. I love bright colors, music. I also love to take long walks and ride bicycle. I listen to audio books on my MP3 player while I sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment